Friday, 1 April 2011

Shoe and Bag Cake

A cake for a very sophisticated 10 year old!    

The initial brief was a cake with lots of shoes and bags and clothes decorating it but this eventually evolved into the design below.  We went with kitten heels rather than high and a clutch bag rather than shoulder but tried to bling it up with the addition of some gold!  I used dusky pink colouring which I love!

The shoes and bag were only lightly secured on the cake so that Izzy could keep them if she wanted a memento (I know I would have wanted to at her age!)

 

11 comments:

  1. absolutely brilliant work! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. love it! the little bag absolutely out of this world:) amaziiing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a lucky girl - I would totally save those sugar items, especially that gorgeous clutch - I don't have one! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know - maybe I should go into bag design too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waaauw its amazing so beautiful! good work!mieke

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations, this cake looks soooo pretty! Very very beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic cake! Fantastic color...Fantastic shoe design...Fantastic bag...LOVE the bag...just absolutely FANTASTIC=)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Myrna, your comment made me smile!

    ReplyDelete